- Add the subdomain in the Hostname field, e.g. www or blog
The Hostname needs to be a subdomain. A CNAME can't be setup for the root domain.
- Choose CNAME from the drop-down menu
- Enter the CNAME Value, e.g. web.me.com or ghs.google.com
The CNAME value needs to be a full domain name and can't be an IP address or @.
If you like to setup a CNAME pointing to the root domain please use the full domain name (e.g. domaindemo.info)
- Click on the "add" button to update the DNS zone
- Save the DNS settings to ensure the new DNS update is being transmitted to our DNS server
Please note: It is not possible to add a CNAME for the root domain!